Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How can you fall out love with someone over night?

My boyfriend of three years broke up with me last weekend. It was so shocking and unexpected. Just the say before he was telling me how much he loved me and how I was his world. Then the next thing I know he broke up with me via text message! He said he didn't love me anymore and he was cheating on me. I have been trying to contact him and begging for him back like a fool. I just don't know how to live without him. He wasn't just my boyfriend, he was my best friend, and pretty much my only friend. I feel lost without him. I can't really sleep...When I do finally fall asleep, I dream about him and end up waking up and then I can't fall back to sleep. I can hardly eat. He's all I think about, and all I keep doing is going over things in my head and blaming myself. Everyone tells me that it's normal to go through heartache, but I can't look at it from that perspective. I know that I have not been a great girlfriend at all times, I have issues, but how can you go from loving someone so much to not loving them at all within a 24 hr period? If love is that unpredictable and can end that easily, then whats the point? How can your feelings take a 180 overnight? He is about to be 28 yrs old so its not like this was some young juvinille relationship.How can you fall out love with someone over night?
He is a loser. Sleep with his best friend and move on.How can you fall out love with someone over night?
omg i hate that for you. I've been there and i know how bad it hurts! the only difference- it was a juvenile relationship. he is acting like a teenager! the best way to et over him (which is what you need to do! he cheated) is to make yourself hate him! think of every possible thing you can that he did that fires you up! stop thinking of all the good times, because then the pain will never leave! think of him cheating on you and how heartless he must be to throw away love for some skank. he will regret this one day, though, i promise. i made sure when i was going through it that i made him sooo jealous and i pretended like he didn't matter anymore. he came crawling back two months later. stay strong and talk to other guys! no, you aren't just gonna get over him that fast, but if you start talking to other guys, you will start to think about them, and the conversations you had with them, and this jerk will finally slip from your mind.
im sure many people would love to know how to fall out of love with someone over night. however it is quite unlikely to happen.





im sorry to hear that your ex boyfriend cheated on you, but if he did cheat on you is he really the person you want to be looking up to? i understand that you love him a lot but you have to find a way that you can move on. i cant tell you exactly how to do that because people have to find their own way back on to their feet. this could take a short period of time or maybe a long time. but you will get through this, even if you might not be able see that light at the end of the tunnel right now it is there you just have to find your way through to it.





your ex-boyfriend isnt worth it at all especially if he has been cheating. and whatever you do, do not blame yourself. humans tend to be very over critical of themselves as it is easier to find them, but dont. no one is perfect, but out in that world is someone who will find every little bit about you amazing, you just have to hold out for him. your ex obviously isnt that guy.





i hope you find your way through this :)
you really love him... i feel sorry for you... he was your boyfriend and pretty much your only friends? *sigh* so sad... sorry, i think you should... I don't know... wait. yes, you should wait, if ever he'll come back :D you know... else/or. you should get over him and you know? life goes on
He may have woken up and realised what a waste of time you were. It's called an epiphany. Hey if we can fall in love at first sight, why not fall out of it?
ouch, listen to some taylor swift it will help.





i don't know, i'm only 13
you will find your prince charming eventually dont worry.


let him go, if its meant to be he will find his way back
It wasn't overnight. You may not have been expecting it but he knew for awhile already. Its never easy when that happens but you deserve better. What a jerk! Time will heal. Take care of yourself...go shopping, sleep, take baths, watch that Tuscan movie with Diane Lane, cry and call your friends! Hugs!
So what? Thank Goodness he is out of ur life.He tried you like a ****.If i was you that would be enough for me to forget him forever and he wouldn't be in my history as well.
Just try to occupy your time so you won't think about him often. Sounds to me like he needs to burn in hell. What a scuzzy boyfriend!
YOU CANT SORRY... STAY BUSY IS ALL YOU CAN DO.
Oh wow! If this isn't a flashback for me!


Well Our stories aren't o much the same being that 1. I'm only 17 and when it happened to me I was only 15 and he was 18. And 2. We were only going out about 10 months. But anyways, we were talking on the phone a saturday night and we were making plans for him to come over the next day and when we hung up he said 'I love you so much, sweet dreams'. When I woke up the next day I checked my myspace and there was a message from him from 2 in the morning titled 'Sweet dreams' and when I opened it it said he doesn't think we should be together anymore and it's not working for him. and I called him, crying my eyes out and ask him why and he wouldn't tell me and I kept yelling 'you told me just last night you loved me! if you were gonna break up with me, you shouldn't have said that you loved me!'; but he still wouldn't answer me. I found out a couple days later that the day before I read that message he was hanging out with another girl. On that I KNEW he liked before me and him got together. I cried for days and hung out with my best friends as much as possible and they really made me feel better. I started talking to him, as friends, and my emotions kept getting calmer and calmer. I pointed out to myself all the things I didn't like about him. and It really helped. He never got with the girl he was hanging out with and a few months later he started 'talking' to me again. But at that point I wouldn't even give him the time of day.


I moved on, and you will too. It will take a ot of time, and it will get worse before it gets better. but it will get better. Just keep hoping for a better tomorrow.


Good Luck
you dont... it must have been something building up inside of him that he never really expressed.. and he made the descision based on that pressure building up. i would talk to him and see what was bothering him... people fall out of love .. that happens .. but it must have been a series of things that pushed him to do what he did .. and he just let it all out in one day ..
you need to stop chasing after him,





let him know you still care about him and tell him how you know you werent a great girlfriend all the time, but this is the hardest thing youve ever had to deal with, but if he doesnt want to talk to you then ok bye.





the saying '; some people put up a wall, not to keep others out, but to see who CARES enough to break it down';





with that text message i told you to say, he'll know that you still care about him to break down that wall.





but if he is completely down with you and nothings going to change his mind the only things is to go hangout with friends.





he is ALWAYS going to be on your mind, it is going to get soo annoying but youll get used to it.





if you start to date again your going to compare everything this guy does to what your ex did.





the hardest part is at night.





what you described is exactly what i went through and still am since january.





BUT DONT WORRY.





EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON!





ive gone through this my self, and it only gets worse, ( the feelings ) but just try your hardest to move on a little bit at a time.





**think of all the bad things about him. and why he wasnt good for you.





think of an excuse of why he wasnt the one.





hope this helps girl, im so sorry.%26lt;33
First of all why would you want to be with a guy whos cheated on you? Cmon honey you deserve at little better than that. Don't date jerks...and to me this guy sounds like a complete jerk. Would you really want to be with someone who is a complete chamelon? One day loves you and the next donesn't care? I know I wouldn't! Build some perspective. Think about all his faults. Think about how wonderfully free you are from being with him. Now you have more time to yourself. More time to catch up on hobbies, reading, and other things.





And when your friends say its normal, thay are absolutely right. 3 years is a long time to be dating someone and its normal to feel this way. Just look at this question for example http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?鈥?/a>






i know how you feel that happend to me two years ago. you cant fall out of love with this guy its just not done. try and move on. i know its hard trust me i know. i still love my X and will never get over him. in reality u never get over an X that X will always have a special spot in our hearts i now have a BF and still love my X i know this might noy make u fell better but its the truth try to become at least friend with him i know what its like to not do that.
Omg, now I'm scared that'll happen w/ me and my boyfriend :x





Uhm, your boyfriend was probably lying to you... either that or it was one of his stupid guy friends texting you, to think that he broke up w/ you. Have you seen him since then?








answer mine:


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
You cant.. After 3 years, it hurts. I'm sorry you have to go through this. I know you really cared about him, and it will take time to heal, but its possible. Time heals everything. For now TRY, just try moving on with your life. As much as it hurts, don't allow yourself to fall apart, hang out with your friends and try to have a good time. If it fails all the first time, keep trying. Now don't go get a bucket of ice cream, and sad romance movies and start crying. Thats not a good thing. Go bowling with friends, watch a disney movie, a movie that is not with romance. TRUST ME! Your feelings will not heal overnight especially since you dated for 3 years. Be strong, and don't let it ruin your life. As much as life sucks, these kind of things happen. Be strong, I wish you the best of luck. Keep your chin up.
First of all, breaking up with you over text messaging is probably the worst thing anyone could ever do; its cowardly and stupid.


Also, I'm sorry that you have to deal with this, but there's no way to get over someone over night. Your heartache is part of being human and its how you know that you really care, so you should be thankful that you're feeling something instead of just getting over it instantly.


I'm sorry again.
well, i would venture to say that if he was cheating on you, maybe he stayed with you as a backup plan.


but someone who would do that to do is a very bad person and I know it hurts like hell, but he wasn't worth it if he was going to manipulate you that way.


that's how you have to look at it - he probably did love you but not as much as he was telling you that he loved you. sounds like he manipulated you to get keep you around.


don't let this guy screw up relationships for you - they are NOT all like him.


its going to hurt for a long time, and i'm sorry you had to go through all that...
Your question really got it me. I wish I could give you the magic cure to make you fall out of love instantly, but it's something that a person cannot do. I was in a similar situation just 3 months ago. He was my fianc茅, and my world. My little boy called him Daddy, and we lived together as a family. One early morning I woke up to him leaving. He packed up a few things and walked out the door. When I asked him where he was going, he told me he can't do this anymore. He later left me a voice message saying he hasn't been happy for a long time. I had no clue there was a problem. He was just kissing me a few hours before, telling me he loved me. I was devastated. I didn't eat, and dropped 30 pounds in 2 weeks. I tried to call him, and email him asking him what I did wrong, and promising to make it better if he came back. He never once allowed me to get those answers and he never will. He is a coward, and I'm sorry, but so is your boyfriend. They both took the easy way out so they wouldn't have to deal with seeing us cry. It's cruel, and hurtful, and I am still feeling the effects of him leaving me for another woman. I don't trust men, and I expect to get hurt and lied too. I can tell you this, neither one of these ';men'; is worth our tears. There was a time I wanted him back, but not now, not ever. He would do it once more, and I would have to start all over again with the healing. I eventually started eating again, and going through all the emotions of a breakup. I'm not as angry as I used to be, and once in awhile I think of a happy time with him, and it doesn't bother me anymore. People come and go in our lives all the time. I believe it's for a reason. However, we need to learn from our experiences, so we don't make the same mistakes over and over again. You might be tempted to start dating again, but don't do what I did. Hang out with your girlfriends, do some charity work, spend time with your family. Figure out what you want, and what you deserve before getting into another relationship. It will take time to heal. You will hurt less, and miss him less every day. I know you can't see that right now, but it will happen. It might help to look for group or individual counseling. The holidays are coming. I find when I'm depressed it helps to get out there and facilitate with others who are less fortunate. If you're okay with medication, it wouldn't hurt to ask your doctor for something to help you sleep. You're not alone. I've been there, and so have many others. Keep busy, and know every day is a day closer to healing. Take care.
He's obviously a dick, and saying all that stuff 24 hrs before you broke up probably meant that he was planning on continuing to cheat on you and so he was trying to justify it for himself by saying nice things to you. He actually did you a favor by being honest and breaking up with you (though in a totally ******** way) and you should concentrate on that. Aren't you completely angry at him?? He was cheating on you! Don't stand for that! Don't think about his reasoning or why he would do it, he's not worth it. What you have to do is get rid or put away somewhere ALL your stuff that reminds you of him and cut off contact with him completely. If you keep begging for him to come back he's going to lose respect for you and ultimately you will for yourself.





You have to accept that your relationship was over, and try writing down all the bad things about the relationship and all the things you didn't like about him. Then rip it up or burn it. Next, you said he was your best friend which probably means you have other friends that may have been feeling neglected because of your relationship. Go to them, vent, have a girls night, trust me it will make you feel better.





After all that, you're still going to think about him a lot. For the next week, it's okay to cry ad cry a lot. You have to vent your feelings. After that, however, it's time to pull yourself up. Everytime you start to think about him or hurt about him do something that you enjoy to distract you. When this has happened to me I'd go and play the piano and let my emotions out there. It really helps to find and outlet.





Finally, just know that it's not really possible to fall in love over night, especially if you're trying to. Don't just jump into a new relationship. Take time for yourself. After you've been giving half of yourself to a relationship, you need to spend some time with yourself and reevaluate your priorities and who you are. This will help you heal, which will help you be able to love again in the future!





Don't give up hope, just take it from me: it's going to hurt A LOT for a while. But sooner than you know it it will all just be memories. Hope this helped.
He was lying to u the whole time, what a player and a coward. Move on, he is a waste of your time and tears.
well, the only way to get him back would be to ignore him and let him see you with someone else, go have a good time keep your mind off of him for a while. DONT TEXT HIM OR TRY TO CONTACT HIM! as hard as that sounds it might make him realize what hes done. as far as getting over him over night thats just not going to happen it could take months to get over your love and best friend of three years. the only thing i can tell you is try to go out with friends and not think about things maybe he'll realize what he gave up and come crawling back, if not him cheating on you tells you that you need some one else anyway. (hes not worth it)
Poor heart-broken baby. we have ALL been there. You can't fall out overnight, but you can certainly fall in...It sucks. Your avatar even looks sad! Hang in there babe! This pain WILL go away, I promise you.
just sleep on it your just angry thats all





do you think this guy might be gay?


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
He was probably trying to convince himself that he still loved you when he didn't by telling you he did. You'll find someone worth it. It'll take some time to get over but it's not the end of the world.
i'd suggest you go watch the old TV show ';My So Called Life.'; I think it would really help.
you cant fall out of love wit someone over night it takes time
You can't its gonna ake some time,


it took meabout 5 monthss to fall out of luv

No comments:

Post a Comment