Friday, August 20, 2010

How do you let someone you love go? He is Bi-Polar and goes into these extreme rages and degrades me?

I was recently in a relationship with a guy who is 5 years younger than me. He was classified as bi polar. I met him and fell in love. I became pregnant a year after and I suddenly started to see changes in his personality. He was filled with rage and anger and anytime things got stressful it was hell. He didn't handle stress well. He started to choose his friend over me %26amp;put me in akward situations. Ex: Taking me to strip clubs and going out drinking etc when I was pregnant. ( I didn't drink) Anyway when I was 3 months he commited a robbery and went to prison for a yr and missed the birth. Now he is home %26amp; has 8 felonies on his record. I stood by his side faithfully but now all he does is degrade me when he goes into these episodes of highs or lows. Tells me its all my fault and I hurt him everyday and I don't know what love is etc. I ended it because I don't want my son to grow up in that kind of enviroment. I didn't end it because I didn't love him but more for my son.How do you let someone you love go? He is Bi-Polar and goes into these extreme rages and degrades me?
First of all, people are not criminals because they have bipolar disorder. This guy sounds like bad news all around.





You are doing the right thing by cutting him out of your life.





It sounds like he is not in treatment. That is his decision. If I were you, I'd give him the option of seeking treatment or seeing his son. If he is bad enough person to commit robberies, your son is not safe around him.





Only when he takes responsibility for his actions and his illness will he be able to start turning things around.





People with bipolar, despite their illness, are responsible for their actions. He has no right to treat you the way he is treating you. You are far better off without him, and so is your son. This really has nothing to do with bipolar.How do you let someone you love go? He is Bi-Polar and goes into these extreme rages and degrades me?
How can you continue to believe that love is the proper option here??





If you deliberately went shopping for someone to destroy/harm/murder you and your child it sounds like this very sick man would be a prime candidate for the job. Do not fool yourself even one day longer.





Put your infant son first and foremost and put this toxic person out of your life.





Yes he absolutely needs help but you have a higher priority than getting it for him. Get a restraining order today. Keep him away from you and your child. If you need to leave then go to a safe house. Get help for you and your child and ask the authorities to deal with this man. You did not make him ill and it is not within your power to fix him.
To end the relationship for your son is the best way for you to look at it now for your sake. Starry eyes can cause a person to be totally irrational, and make BAD decisions which they will regret. Ended is right to do now, not later. You will see that it's the right decision, and I agree, bi pola is not a license to be a criminal. Let go of him, let yourself get passed this bloke, and give yourself some TLC.
Do what you can, and you can still love him if you don't live in one house.


Bipolar disorder is a very serious illness, and what I understood, it only gets worse over time. So think well. If you want some advice on how to cope with extremely angry and unreasonable people, have a look at my free e-book at stepfamilyheaven.com, it will help you to stay faithful to yourself. I myself enrolled in a free NLP program just now, magic-hats.com. Might help too to feel better and be stronger!
For the sake of your son you have got to get out of this situation. Otherwise you son will be more likely to have the illness. You need to leave ASAP. You and your son are worth more than that. Not to mention he could become violent. It's just not worht it.
I know about Bi-Polar because I have a dear love one who suffers from this illness. I can tell you there is help out there for him, if he wants it ( mental health doctors and medications). How ever, you can not make him see a doctor or stay on any medication. Most don't like the meds because of the side effects.





I know you love him, but for your son's sake you did the right thing. He sounds like he is out of control. When a person with Bi-Polar is out of control they can and will do anything. He can be a danger to himself or a love one. Be very careful around him.





Does he have any relatives that could get him help? Even if he refuses help, if he is a danger to anyone or himself, a relative could go to the courthouse and sign papers to have him committed to a mental health hospital. Without help he will more than likly eventually kill himself or someone else. Please don't let it be you. For your baby's sake!
Oh honey, been there, done that. I finally ended a relationship with an abusive bi-polar ex-con when I got sick and almost died. I realized I had to take care of MYSELF, and I cut him out of my life. It was so easy, but I live hundreds of miles away from him, and he doesn't know exactly where I live.





You have a son - you need to protect your baby. No court is going award him partial custody. You may have to leave town - whatever it takes, do it. Believe me, none of this is YOUR fault. It's his.





It may sound simplistic - but just LET HIM GO. It's so simple once you make up your mind to do it.
please dont feel guilty because of this. this man has a problem and needs to sort it out. we all have to deal with our own problems. I am glad for you and your son that you were strong enough to sort things out. forgive yourself, and him if you can. we all have problems and its up to us to sort them out for ourselves. best thing you can do for him is wish him the best in finding the solution. this is his challenge, not yours. Try to move forward in your life, that was the past, its been and gone. what can you do now to make your life better?
if you love him get him help.
I know what you are going through. My soon to be ex husband is also bi-polar and an alcoholic as well. Before we were married, he went into rehab and quit drinking....stayed sober for five years. During those years we had a little boy, and everything was fine. Eventually he began drinking again and was diagnosed as bi-polar. The two years since have been filled with stress, pain, and severe bad times. He was put on meds, quit drinking again, and I tried to help him in every way. Then he would quit his meds and start back drinking. This went on for several months until I gained enough strength to end it. After that he attempted suicide and threatened to kill me as well. That was almost a year ago, and even though he is still going on and off his meds, both my son and I are much better off without him in our home. I still love him and always will, but I can't let him back into our home. Please find it within you to get some help and get out of this. I know it's hard, but believe me, you will be glad you did. I wish you luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment