Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do you end a relationship you know is wrong for you when you are obsessed with the person?

My boyfriend is wrong, wrong, wrong for me. I keep trying to end it with him but I cannot. I am totally in love with him but I realize the relationship is not good for me at all. When I see him or hear his voice, I melt. When I think of him with someone else in the future, I cannot take it. I don't want to be the psycho girlfriend -- I want to end it while I still have a cool head.





How can I get the strength to end it and actually move on?





Thank you for your sincere help.How do you end a relationship you know is wrong for you when you are obsessed with the person?
At least you know it is not a good relationship. That is the first step. Now take the next step. Give him a call and let him know things are going a bit too quickly. He will have plenty of responses but stay strong. If you keep repeating that you feel things are too much for you, he will then follow up with an ugly tirad of profane words.


That should just about do it for you. If you give in and start crying or get weak, then you are going to be in this relationship for a long, long time.


He will ask lots of questions but it is better to say you need time for you. You just need time to think about things and that is it.


You must not give in and you must not ';melt';. Stay cool and calm! You might also buy yourself some time by not answering right away. Pause for about 5 seconds, gather your thoughts, then respond. I hope this will help you get it together. You have made a big first step, now is the time to complete the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment