Friday, August 20, 2010

Help me end my dead end relationship?

I am in a relationship with an older man...very intelligent guy who is divorced with 2 children, boy 23 and girl 14. We dated briefly in 03, however had to keep things quiet...his exwife, who is remarried, has extreme jealousy issues and has bipolar disorder...She caught me going into his house in 03 and thru a fit...threatening to take his daughter and move out of state...this ended our relationship.





We began dating again in 09. He vowed to tell his ex he was going to be with me regardless. Just before the day we were going to talk to her he asks me a favor on his daughters behalf. Apparently she had asked that he not tell Mom yet out of fear that she wouldn't let her come and see him. I was disappointed but agreed. It has almost been a year and since October 09, I have felt just sick about it...especially since in late Oct he woke me up frantically asking me to hurry up and wake up because his exwife was on her way to pick up their son for breakfast...





He has NEVER taken me out anywhere...outside of being at his house we have only been out together one time and that was years ago when I bought a new car and wanted to take him for a drive...it was 2AM...that's the only time we have been in public together. He has never bought me anything or even acknowledged my birthday, Christmas or even Valentine's day. I'm not materialistic...but I would have been thrilled to get a card of acknowledgement. I got nothing.





Seems simple right...just end it? I've been trying...He vows he is going to tell his ex right away. Make things right. Go places with me and take me places...Make me an honest woman. He swears that he loves me, adores me and wants everything that I want. He is sorry that he has made me feel unimportant and wants to do everything he can to make things right...even if he has to take his exwife to court to be able to see his daughter. He vows to do all he can for me...even if he does, my feelings are made up...it has gone on too long. I don't like ';being'; with someone I can only see once in awhile (and it has to be at his house and in the middle of the night so his ex doesn't find us.)





I'm just done...but for some reason feel horrible about trying to end this...I mean, I do deserve better, don't I? His situation isn't my fault, is it? Based on the above...how can I end this relationship...? What would you say to end it sensibly?Help me end my dead end relationship?
No, this is not your fault. He needs to ';man up'; and tell his ex that he has just as much right to see his child as she does. Then if she gives him any trouble take her to court. Unfortunately, he did not think you were worth the effort, so he deserves to lose you. I am extremely suprised that you put up with his bs for this long. Tell him to give you a call when he grows a pair, and tells her.Help me end my dead end relationship?
You're completely right. I can say anything to you but it's meaningless unless I do/prove it.
just tell him you need some time to figure things out..and if he gets mad or what not then why would u want to be with that kind of person anyway??


so your answer would be in his?
i'm sorry but i didnt even need to read what you wrote.





to call you relationship ';dead end'; answers your own question. i mean that in the nicest way.





you deserve to be happy and in love!





all the best x

No comments:

Post a Comment