Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How can you fall out of love with someone?

When my fiance and I first started dating, we fell in love with each other instantly. We had a lot in common, we got engaged, we were best friends, and we made a baby together. We spoke about everything, deep things that no one else knows, and we both promised to never stray from our relationship. If we felt like we wanted to cheat, we'd end the relationship among other things. Once I got pregnant with our son, he suddenly changed. My family wasn't happy that I was pregnant because we weren't married, so without him, I was very alone. My friends disappeared as well. Towards the end of my pregnancy, he got very violent towards me. He was also very rude to my daughter (previous marriage).





When we had arguments, he wouldn't cool off and would follow me yelling and cussing at me. He even slapped me so hard once that I fractured my wrist to a fall in the bath tub in my last month of my pregnancy, the baby was fine though. This man doesn't even seem to be that kind of person. It hasn't happened since, he has apologized and cried about it. I'm not making excuses, and I know dealing with my hormones was rough with him, but I tried to be there for him. He ignored me and shut me out. He made me feel terrible for getting pregnant. No, it was not planned, but we could afford it.





It's been months, but I suddenly feel as if I don't love him anymore. He has turned back into the man I fell in love with, but I just don't feel what I used to. I don't hate him, but I don't believe I'm IN love with him. I feel as if I wouldn't care if I ended this relationship. Does this mean it is time to move on? That I'm no longer in love with him?How can you fall out of love with someone?
First of all don't make excuses about your hormones for him hitting you and knocking you down, where it could have permantly injured you or your baby. That single event did something to you, or you wouldn't even be bringing it up at this point. It is possible to kill love. More men should realize that the most precious gift that a woman gives is her heart. They take it for granted and then when it's gone, they don't understand. I am sorry he did all that to you. If things hadn't gone bad with your family or friends, I would say just get away for awhile and get some perspective. Maybe if you could.. at the end of however long you needed until you felt as though you wanted to see him again- you might feel different. I just can't justify him hitting you, screaming at you while you were pregnant, then acting now like he loves you. Maybe he needs to go stay somewhere for awhile until you figure it out.How can you fall out of love with someone?
Yes, move on to yet another man and have yet another kid with him.


Your poor children.
It might be the way he treated you. I was once very in love with my husband we were married 14 years and have 4 kids together, he was never abusive to me but he drank heavily at times and we had problems, I believe that sometime in the last 2 years my feelings for him ended, I tried to stay with him but was absolutely miserable to the point where I felt life wasn't worth living. I had to leave him for myself #1 and for my kids #2. I realise now this the best thing I could do for myself. I am much happier. I think you have search your heart if you don't have feelings for him and you don't care if your with him or not it may be time to take some time apart, see how it feels if it feels right then maybe it's time to end it.

No comments:

Post a Comment