Friday, August 20, 2010

Do I end this relationship?

Someone tells you all the time how much they love, how special you are, how they have never met anyone like you, who constantly wants to hold you, talk to you and inundate you with texts and phonecalls. Flowers, chocs, and weekends away, he will do anything you ask of him so what is my problem?





Well, he has issues with my children, in that they are adults and yet they constantly want my time. Is jealous when I am out, even when I am in his company. He snoops on my phone, laptop and wants to know the far end of what I鈥檝e done during the day. He gets moody and sulks and only has a slight sense of humour. The slightest comment can turn him from a teddy bear to this miserably moody person who then has the ability to make me feel like crap. So what on earth am I doing with him?





It has been three years and the first 2 years was fun despite my eldest never really taking to this man. Put it down initially that I am a widow and this was the first man that was brought back to the family home. Never went looking for a relationship, it just happened as I made a vow I didn鈥檛 want a man in my life again. But, it happened and he made me feel fantastic as a person, something I had never experienced before and he helped me to move forward in my life when it was pretty miserable. But now, my family think he is a control freak who is only interested in monopolising me and living in this pretence of a world that just includes him and me (which is probably down to the fact that when we are on our own, everything is great).





My dilemma is that my head knows that this will probably never work, especially when my children and family do not approve (he has done too many things to mention here). But, he has no family, is very insecure, very emotional and I don鈥檛 want to hurt this man as when he is good he is fantastic. But, having lost a husband at a young age I value my life and want to be happy and I鈥檓 very unsure as to where the future will go with this man. I am happy to be single, it鈥檚 not that I don鈥檛 want to be alone and think this is my last chance to get a man. Having only had one previous relationship and that was my husband I am not worldly wise when it comes to relationships and as you can tell I have always been the type of person who considers other peoples feelings rather than my own. Please give me your words of wisdom as I am struggling to know if I should give this relationship one last try (recently had a massive argument over my family) or walk away?Do I end this relationship?
When a man comes between you %26amp; your kids...it's time to say good bye to the man. Be honest with him too, let him know that his insecurities have caused this %26amp; no matter how old your kids are...they will always be your kids %26amp; come first in your life. It's very selfish of him to ask you to push them away because he never took responsibility for his own emotions %26amp; happiness. He will be hurt but it won't be your fault...it's his for depending on you to carry the burden of his emotional issues. Once he realizes this he will be a much happier man with or without you.Do I end this relationship?
someone once said something which stuck in my mind it went along the lines of '; the more loving %26amp; charming he is to start off the nastier he will be in the long run'; or something like that


this guy is the classic manipulator type he'll charm the pants off you with silly gifts and (false) declarations of love ,but all his charm is just a way to control and manipulate you which he is doing


you dont mention him being aggressive or violent but


if you search the the words charming men you might get this link http://www.amazon.co.uk/Power-Control-Ch鈥?/a>


and if you search the word charming some of the first words attached where were 'psychopath or physical violence








chocolates flowers phoncalls etc mean absolutely nothing at the end of the day


if you value your life and independence this man is not for you


if your already thinking of ending it then the relationship is probably already over


p.s yes i think you should leave him.


i know of plenty of women who regret having even met men like him.
Well, there are several points to consider here, but it basically boils down to this. Who is more important to you? You, or your family?





Your family can see things in this relationship that you can not. You are too close.





The good things he gives you, in my opinion, are not worth the distance from your children. This guy offers little to no future, and your family is family forever.





So, since the relationship stemmed from a rebound for you, walk away, and take your time. You've been changing, and he can't or won't keep up with you. Third year into this and you have red flags. Take the big hints, kiddo. Walk.
If you write down all his good points against his bad points, which side will win?





I rather be single tbh than be with someone like that.





Time to move on, it isn't your fault he is insecure etc. That is his problem to sort out.
you need to leave him now befor its to late my parents act like that and there relation ship is tarible and the thing about the grown kids my aunt maryed this man like that (but hes a good my cusins are stupid) and now her kids have turned on her she hasent seen her kids or grand kids in a year and a half
You know inside you that it is never going to work. He got your family as well when he got you. You have to think about this carefully because no matter who you get they will be up against your family as well
He is a control freak! I met a guy just like him a few years after my husband died (I was young too) and he started acting like that sooner! He even started putting down my young daughter and she loathed him. My family and friends thought something was wrong with him also. I let this guy in my life for a few months and it took 2 years to get rid of him! He was so controlling he stalked me and my young daughter for 2 years! He was always jealous even when I went out with my girlfriends or family! He constantly called or messaged me on the computer and if I didn't answer he would go out looking for me.





Guys like this have a knack for making people feel sorry for them and are hard to get rid of! Make it a clean break and if he contacts or threatens you call the police right away! He probably doesn't even like you, he just wants something to control!





Eventually I found someone sane and moved on! But I had to get rid of the nutcase first! I wish you the best of look and when you do break it off with him, let everyone know so he doesn't start harassing your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment