Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do you know if your ';In love'; or just ';love'; someone?

So I've been dating a really sweet guy for almost 2 years. But lately things have changed between us, we are more distant and less physical. I feel like I may not be ';in love'; with him anymore. And sometimes I think he feels the same way. But I am not sure. Both of our lives are really intertwined and I just feel like we have just grown comfortable with each other and that we are now more like friends rather than a couple. How do you know if a relationship has gone cold? We haven't done anything wrong to each other, and we still care about each other, I just feel like we've grown apart as a couple. I feel like our relationship has become a habit. Has anyone else ever felt this way? I am so stuck. I don't have a reason like most people do for breaking up, i.e. cheating or anything. He treats me well, but the feelings have faded. And I don't want to end this relationship badly, I do care about him still, I just don't know if I'm ';in love'; still. HELP!!!!How do you know if your ';In love'; or just ';love'; someone?
Sorry, if you have to ask, then you aren't in Love. I've never felt this way in my current relationship because I revel in the freedom that we have from each other...and it makes the time that we do spend together that much more special (absence really does make the heart grow fonder).





As for my ex, we went thru a similar situation...we grew apart as we grew older (I think it was the place of our ages...I was 19 in college making new friends, he was 25 starting career and such). We loved each other, but we weren't in love with each other. If you can believe it, he is now my best friend and we talk on a regular basis...just because you aren't together, doesn't mean you can't love someone...and love is special in the sense that you can love more than one person.How do you know if your ';In love'; or just ';love'; someone?
If you were truly in love in the first place you would not be asking this question


sometimes as people grow up they grow apart...just part of life


talk to him...see if he feels the same and maybe just move on to being friends and nothing else





be cool...
there's this old saying, what's the difference between love and true love? spit and swallow.
ok, there is one tried and true method that i know of.....get a pen and paper....on the top write ';Can I'; on the very bottom write ';without him?'; in the middle write everything you can think of on 1 side and either ';yes'; or ';no'; on the same line on the other side of the paper......use 2 sheets if needed, but when you get done, if you answered ';yes'; most of the time, then you dont love him like you thought you did, if you answered ';no'; most of the time, you love him more than you thought you did. and go from there.
Try something kinky
its all up to you 2 both of you should talk it out on how each of you feel about each other honesty is the best way to go,ask your self how you feel about him also
The longer you are with someone the less physical things get and it's not always going to be like it is at first. This is a give-in and happens in every relationship. I think the fact that you're even asking this question means you already know what the answer is. Sometimes people grow apart as a couple and have a more friendly relationship. You need to ask yourself why you are still with him. If it's because you don't want to lose his companionship or you don't want to be alone my guess is you aren't in love with him anymore. When you meet the guy you are meant to be with (your real soul mate) then you won't have to ask yourself this question. Love does fade, but if you were still in love with this person you shouldn't have to ask yourself (or us) whether or not you are still in love with him. Good luck.
if things been changing talk to him about things and whats been going on and how you feel
This is the exact reason why people say ';relationships take work';





Everyone goes through that ';honeymoon'; phase where love is exciting, warm, fuzzy, and the passion runs strong.





And inevitably - if you last long enough as a couple - that fades.





The problem is that it takes effort from BOTH people in the relationship to keep that spark going. Cliche as it sounds, a little lingerie, ';date nights';, cute notes, and adding variety in ';other areas'; can help. It's also important to keep some mystery in the relationship; there is such a thing as ';too comfortable';. Your boyfriend may need a gentle reminder that even though you two are solid after nearly two years together, you still appreciate some romance and flirty gestures now and then. I know I'm generalizing, but sometimes guys aren't as clued into these things as women.





I think the first step is to tell your boyfriend how you're feeling. He may be feeling the same way but is too afraid to tell you or hurt your feelings. Then maybe set a date night where you both get dressed up, meet each other at a nice restaurant - act like you're single and trying to get this person's attention again.





I've been there myself, and believe me, it takes constant tweaking and effort to keep the spark going. But if the two of you are committed to this relationship, it's well worth it!
If you have to ask..then you are not in love
Seems like you already have your answer. I dont think that you are out of love, I think things just drifted away. There is not excitement in this realtionship anymore that you describe. Things have gotten boring, the same usual thing like before. I suggest you talk to him, let him know how you feel. You even sense yourself that he might feel the same way. The only way to know is to communicate. Maybe you guys can get back what you had, by doing and learning new things together. You even said yourself that he is a good guy. If that doesnt work then you werent meant to be together as a couple maybe just like friends. The onlly way is to talk to him and let each other know you both feel. If you do end up breaking up then so be it. But like you said you dont want a bad break up and if you guys just contine to ignore this issue between you then it will lead to lies, and cheating. Seems like both of you are nice individuals that dont deserve that. Hope my advice helped.





God Bless,


Alex
  • Fish
  • hair styling
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment