Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How long would you wait to be with someone you love?




I have been involved with someone for awhile now and we are currently taking a break. There are some issues that he needs to resolve before we can be together again. The big problem now is that these issues will not be resolved before he deploys for 6 months to a year.





He says that he doesn't expect me to wait for him and imagines that I will move on while he is gone. Yet, he says he is not ready for me to start dating other men. I do believe that we will end up together in the end, so I am afraid of moving on. I don't want to taint our relationship by getting involved with someone else. How long would you wait?


How long would you wait to be with someone you love?
Well . . you have a dif situation on your hands . . he is leaving the country and will be gone for a long time . . i am gay and i just ended a 4 year relationship . . but we both still love each other . . there are things in our lives that need to be worked out before we decide that we are meant to be together even tho deep down inside we know it is meant to be . . in my situation . . we both have tried to see other people . .but only lets us know that yea thats not what we want . . we want each other . . we broke up back in September of 2007 . . so almost a year . . and I'm willing to wait . . as long as it takes . . this is all something you need 2 think . . other peoples opinions cant control your heart . . i wish you the best and wish him the best hope he comes home safe . ! will not hurt to date around . . but make sure he knows how you feel before he goes . . don't make that mistake . . worst case scenarioHow long would you wait to be with someone you love?
If you really love this person you would not even be thinking about moving on no matter what he says. Love is well it a strange thing if you don't think you can Waite for him then I am not sure it is love. I think you will Waite as long as it takes for you two too be together good luck. And don't just go to someone else because he tells you too make sure he knows how you feel and make sure he feels the same
My suggestion is to not wait around for him. Allow time to take it's course. I would not buy into to him telling you that ';..he is not ready for me to start dating other men.'; That has CONTROL written all over it. Never allow someone to rule over your life because, in the end, you will be the one who winds up getting hurt. Been there. I know.
Rarely do I find that a break in relationship leads to anything but a permanent breakup.





If it was meant to be, you'll be together when he comes back. Don't waste you youth. Make sure he is the one you want to be with by meeting other guys. You might surprise yourself.
Depends on the situation, and the guy,


Only you can tell yourself if this is worth waiting for.


Make sure he feels the same way you feel for him though if you do decide to wait all this time you don't want it to be for no reason.


Good luck :) x
if hes telling you to move on ... then thats kinda shady becuz a guy really loved his girl, theres no way he would tell her to meet someone else ...





i wudnt suggest u move on ... but at the same time, if u do meet someone else that you are interested in then tell ur current bf and purse it ...





if u really care for him, then what is 6 months really?? its not that long





ull be fine, just stick to him






If you know he cares for you waiting for him can take as long as it take. But he tells you to move?! Is he saying to you forget me because he intends to do so? If you feel he does not want you then just move...............
I would wait for as long he wants me too. If he wants me to stop, I will.


But I must love.
I've been waiting for a guy since December.


And still waiting, I care for him very much.


So i'd wait a long time!
I would wait forever...
I will wait for as long as it takes...your being put to the test.





Ask yourself what is it worth to you?
Ever hear of the book ';He's Just Not That In To You';? Perhaps buying a copy and reading it will help you decide for yourself. Waiting for someone you love to work through some ';issues'; is very noble. Having someone ask you to wait while he/she works out some issues can often be the cowardly way of breaking up without looking like ';the bad guy';. Because you say that ';he doesn't expect me to wait for him and imagines that I will move on...'; I think this is the case. When you say ';Yet, he says he is not ready for me to start daing other men.'; I think that he is trying to control your behavior so that he can come back and get some more whenever he wants to. Please don't fall into THAT trap?! Give yourself the chance to meet and date other men. You may find that you realize you deserve better than the current ';him';. If and when he gets his ';issues'; straight and comes back looking for you, then HE will have to deal with the fact that HE set you free of your relationship with him and you did what you felt best for yourself. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment